"why do you recommend reptiles as pets? in your own opinion"
Asked by Anonymous
I would recommend reptiles as pets for a variety of reasons, to name a few:
- With proper research, they are easy to care for.
- They are allergy free.
- Perfect for people with small spaces (depending on species)
- They are an absolute joy to watch.
My two geckos have calmed me down on very many occasions, and made me laugh twice as much without ever taking them out of the tank at those times.
- For people who don’t have as much time to socialize, train, or exercise a dog or a cat, a reptile takes much less time.
(In my opinion, this differs for some species. I can imagine some enclosures are awful to clean.)
- Their enclosures are SO FUN TO MAKE/DECORATE.
- You never have to worry about training them, or socializing them, they don’t want it.
- You also never have to worry about them not liking you, they don’t really care about you. Which I kind of welcome.
- Have you ever gone to a reptile expo I have never seen so many happy people in one place talking about things with scales.
- THEIR FACES ARE JUST ADORABLE. ALL OF THEM.
- They do the dumbest shit sometimes and it’s like watching a miracle in real time I love it.
I could go on for a thousand years, but I’ll save you the agony. It would mostly be me gushing about their permanent smiles and snoots to boop anyway.